Last updated: July 11, 2017
Use and Purpose of Collected Information
As used herein, the term “Personally Identifiable Information” means your full name, physical address, email address, telephone number, or any other personal information that, alone or in combination with other information, permits third parties to contact you physically or online.
On our Website, we collect Personally Identifiable Information knowingly and voluntarily provided by you when you: (1) register for any service of Ocient; (2) submit requests, suggestions, or other communications to us via the Website; (3) interact with the Website or Ocient in general in any way that submits, releases or displays your Personally Identifiable Information to Ocient.
Ocient may use your Personally Identifiable Information to:
- carry out sales, sales solicitation, shipment of products, delivery of services, completion of orders, and provide other services performed by us or third parties;
- advertise or promote our products or the products of third parties offered through the Website or third party partners to you;
- provide support, maintenance or respond to inquiries and/or complaints;
- carry out marketing data surveys, statistics and/or analysis;
- create, send and utilize mailing lists;
- handle system malfunctions, troubleshoot your usage of Ocient products or services, or develop additional functionality based on your feedback;
- contact you regarding your use of the Website or any Ocient product or service;
- carry out identity verification and authentication services; and/or
- other separately and explicitly prescribed purposes.
By providing Personally Identifiable Information to Ocient via the Website, you “opt-in” to receive the electronic communications and targeted marketing referenced herein. You may “opt-out” of any communications using the “Unsubscribe” feature contained in electronic communications. Where required by law, Ocient will provide an “opt-in” feature requiring the user to affirmatively agree to receive the electronic communications referenced herein.
We may collect non-Personally Identifiable Information you choose to provide, such as your occupation, affiliated companies, and general location. Additionally, we may collect the following information: IP address, host name, domain name, and system and software logs. Ocient will use this information to identify and diagnose issues and to improve the Services you have requested.
Ocient expressly requests that you do not provide us with any protected health information (“PHI”), as defined by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (“HIPAA”), Social Security numbers (unless required for payment purposes), information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, sexual orientation, criminal background, or trade union membership.
We may also collect certain information regarding your use of the Website, including but not limited to: referring site/ad source, your activity (for example, what pages visited and for how long), IP address, browser and operating system, default language set on your computer, your geolocation (by country), and the frequency and amount of time spent on the Website.
Third Parties Who May Receive Information
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties who help facilitate the Website (for example, by providing website development, statistical analyses, data processing, or sending communications to users), but for use solely in connection with facilitating the Website;
- we may share your Personally Identifiable Information with Ocient’ partners for Ocient’ marketing and analytics purposes (we do not sell your information for commercial purposes of third parties);
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to employees and contractors who owe us a duty of confidentiality in connection with a legitimate business purpose of Ocient;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to third parties, including, but not limited to, law enforcement agencies, state, local or federal governments, private litigants, and other companies, as may be required to (1) comply with lawful requests such as subpoenas or court orders, (2) comply with applicable state, federal, or local law, (3) prevent fraud or other illegal activities from being perpetrated through the Website, or (4) protect the property, safety, or legal rights of Ocient and others;
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to any third party whom you have consented to receive your Personally Identifiable Information; and
- we may provide your Personally Identifiable Information to affiliated companies or business successors of Ocient for the same purposes as stated herein.
In addition, we may provide non-Personally Identifiable Information, such as your age, interests, or the way you use the Website, to any third party for any purpose including customizing and targeting advertising messages.
Third Parties Who May Collect Information
The following third parties may collect information through the Website, but such information shall not include Personally Identifiable Information unless you post or publish such Personally Identifiable Information in areas of the Website accessible to other users or the public:
- third parties that help facilitate the Website on behalf of Ocient may, from time to time, collect information through the Website in the course of providing support;
- third parties may collect other information that you voluntarily post or publish through the Website in any way; and
- web-crawlers such as Google or Yahoo may collect information through the Website.
Cross Border Transfers
Ocient will use commercially reasonable measures to safeguard Personally Identifiable Information stored in our servers and databases against loss, theft, and unauthorized disclosure or use. Please be aware that no security measures are perfect. Furthermore, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you choose to share information. We are not responsible for circumvention of any security measures by third parties or for any unauthorized access or use of your Personally Identifiable Information made by third parties. Any disclosures that you make of your own volition by means of the Website are made at your own risk.
If you ask us to delete your Personally Identifiable Information from our records, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to do so while retaining any record necessary to comply with governmental authority requirements or applicable federal, state, or local law. Even after removal, however, copies of your Personally Identifiable Information may remain viewable in cached or archived pages or if other users have copied or stored such information. If you have any questions or concerns about the Personally Identifiable Information you have submitted, you may contact us at: legal@Ocient.com.
Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act
Ocient does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from anyone under the age of thirteen (13). If we learn that we have inadvertently obtained Personally Identifiable Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), we will delete that information as soon as practicable. If you believe that a child under the age of thirteen (13) has submitted Personally Identifiable Information in connection with the Website, please contact us at legal@Ocient.com.